This two-day Scrum Master Training course covers the key components of Scrum and addresses the challenges of adopting an Agile project management approach. Scrum is one of the Agile frameworks that uses simple techniques increase productivity, delivery and quality. Scrum is an iterative, incremental framework for developing any product or managing any work.
Scrum provides a framework which allows teams to deliver a potentially shippable set of functionality every iteration, providing the agility needed to respond to rapidly changing requirements. The Scrum framework constantly challenges its users to focus on improvement, and its Sprints provide the stability to address the ever-changing needs that occur in any project. These characteristics have led to Scrum becoming the most popular method in the world of agile software development.
Course Topics Include:
- Building a foundation in Agile – What is Agile and how has it changed over the years?
- Exploring why Scrum works, and how it can help your projects.
- Applying the Scrum Framework – Using the framework successfully, including principles, roles, rules, and artifacts required
- Developing high-performing teams – Building self-organizing, cross functional teams that work towards shared goals
- Realizing the “Art of Possible” – Fostering your organization to embrace Scrum
- Critical Success Factors for Implementing Scrum – Implementing Scrum while not losing control
Participants receive a course workbook that covers the details of each topic to assist during the course and serve as a tool for future reference and taking action when returning to the workplace.
Certification & PDU’s
Free access to our Scrum Master Certification Practice Exam. If you planning to get your Professional Scrum Master certification (PSM I) from Scrum.org, our 80 question practice exam is a perfect way to prepare. All class participants receive free 30 day access to this practice exam.
Guidance Technology also provides a certificate of completion of the Course for each participant who successfully passes a certification test. This test is taken after the completion of the course and validates that participants understand the basic tenets of Scrum. This is a PMI Category 4 course that can be used for 14 PDUs. Guidance Technology’s Scrum courses will also meet 14 hours of the required 21 contact hours that must be earned in Agile project management topics as part of the PMI-ACP application process. Click here for more details.